Monday, June 3, 2013

Friday Night Smackdown, 5/31/13: A brief encounter

When I saw that it was going to be Alberto Del Rio vs. Big E Langston for the fourth time and Curtis Axel vs. Sin Cara for the second time, I decided to spend Friday night drinking with friends. Smackdown really is in an unfortunate time slot. WWE has to work hard at it to get men in my demographic to stay home on a Friday night. Once I got back home I continued pounding beers while watching old Wrestlemania matches on YouTube. Stone Cold vs Bret Hart at WrestleMania XIII made Steve Austin's career just as much as the 3:16 promo. I did catch the Shield matches. For the second time of their careers on the main WWE roster, a member of the Shield lost clean: Seth Rollins was pinned by Kane after interference by Daniel Bryan. That is an acceptable loss. Immediately afterward, Roman Reigns and DBry squared off. Reigns won by disqualification when the ref caught Kane interfering. Good matches and storyline development here. Team Hell No is headed toward their inevitable split, but I hope they don't turn DBry heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment