Thursday, October 3, 2013

Carrying on

Thank you to everyone who has offered prayers or condolences for my father. For the past week I've been busy with arranging his affairs and the memorial service. Dad wasn't Catholic. Truth be told, he was angry with the Church over what happened to me in the seminary. But we had a heart to heart before the end, and I think he was at peace with her. I'm focusing on the good times we had. Dad left me his library and his Kindle. His literary tastes tended toward stories of hardcore badasses who killed many men, slept with many beautiful women, and saved the country or the world from destruction. You can see how much he influenced me.

1 comment:

  1. Consolation seems somewhat empty in a combox, but you and your family have my sympathy and prayers.

    ReplyDelete