Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I laffed

The Pertinacious Papist has returned from his Lenten blogging fast and he provides us with this gem:
Jeff Ostrowski, "Why Can't We Use Secular Music During Mass?" (Views from the Choir Loft, February 13, 2014), includes this remarkably telling comparison:
There is also this fine video discussion entitled, "Can you tell the difference??" (Corpus Christi Watershed).
Here I am Lord
Is it I Lord?
Who was bringing up three very lovely girls...

Will you let me be your Sherpa
Let me climb some rocks with you?

And he will raise you up on eagle's wings
Hold you in his holy claws
Scratch off your sins with his talons
And place you in his nest, on the cliff

We remember what you told us that one time
And it was awesome and we should have wrote it down

Be not afraid, I goes before E always
But I follows E, when it comes after C

We are bald, we are frozen
We throw mice at one another
We are sometimes prone to borrow
We are sometimes known to pay
We are fine, we are awesome
If you prick us we shall bleed
We avoid any bummers
We are question, we are creed

Gather us in, the eggs and the bacon
Gather us in, the pancakes and ham
Make us to be a well balanced breakfast,
Topped off with orange juice poured right from the can

No comments:

Post a Comment