Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The steak and eggs diet worked for me

Inspired by Victor Pride, I decided to give the Vince Gironda steak and eggs diet a try. For the last four and a half weeks, I've eaten nothing but steak and eggs with every sixth day being a cheat day. If the cheat day arrives and you want to eat a large pepperoni pizza, a gallon of ice cream, and wash it all down with a 12 pack of PBR, go for it.

I've lost 18 pounds since the experiment began. I feel like I have enough energy to win a fist fight with a grizzly bear. Moreover, this diet jives with my instincts. I've always tended to be a carnivore, but I didn't eat as much red meat as I wanted because I believed the weenies who said it's bad for you. No more. I could easily keep up this diet for the rest of my life. My original plan was to try it for a month, but I'm going to keep going.

One thing this has taught me is that regular exercise can't compensate for a crappy diet. I was always amazed at how some girls on Facebook could go to the gym, do Zumba or whatever, and still look like land whales. It's because they treat themselves to Starbucks frappucinos or other goodies that are loaded with sugar. I wasn't able to exercise as much last week due to both a cold and a sprained ankle, but I still ended up losing three pounds with steak and eggs.

Thanks a lot Uncle Vic. I'll keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment