Saturday, August 29, 2015

Aristocrats of the soul

One of my six loyal readers, Mark Citadel, has a new column up at Return of Kings entitled Why Modern Men Must Become Aristocrats of the Soul:
If one were to compare the men of the traditional world to those of the modern world, certain differences in constitution would become readily apparent. While institutions and environment will alter the spiritual constitution of men if allowed to become influential enough, in the grand sense, a people’s men will actually find more influence going in the opposite direction.
If a society succeeds, it is likely due to the character of its men. If a society fails, so too is this likely due to the character of its men. For this reason, those differences between men of two time periods before and during an epoch such as that which we find ourselves in cannot be ignored, for rather than products, they find themselves more as integral causal factors.
Read the rest there. I'm impressed at how Mark is able to speak about transcendent things without bludgeoning the reader with a specific creed. In my own columns at RoK, I try to write in a way that will spark the reader's curiosity enough to study these things on their own. I don't claim to be a disinterested observer; I want everyone on earth to enter the visible boundaries of the Catholic Church. My own conversion was in many ways a case of self-study. I was curious about the faith and studied it until I was compelled to enter. You never know how much you truly influence someone on this side of the veil.

4 comments:

  1. Well, maybe I'm not a loyal reader, but I'm a frequent reader. So 6.5? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My "loyal readers" are those who have been following my blog for at least two years. If you've been with me that long, you're in the club!

      Delete
  2. Thank you Andrew! Many have apparently found it useful, so I plan to write another ROK article in the coming months. 117 individuals today alone have visited my own blog from ROK, so I guess there are a large number of readers interested in more of this kind of material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope our work leads to greater interaction between the different corners of the alt-right and cooperation against our common enemy of liberalism.

      Delete