Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My new post at Return of Kings

In this column I show how Pope Paul VI, weak though he was in many ways, was right all along when it came to his predictions in Humanae Vitae.
Christians in general, and Catholics in particular, are portrayed as puritanical and anti-sex. This raises a question: if Catholics hate sex so much, then why did they historically tend to have so many children? As recently as 100 years ago, child rearing was considered the proper object of marriage and sex. The blue pill script – go to college, get a good salaried job, marry young and for life, have two or three kids – retains its staying power because it used to be sound advice. The manosphere exists in part because it is sound advice no longer.
Read the rest there.

2 comments:

  1. Beefy, I'm rather new to ROKs and hence your blog but am pleased at the sanity with regard to the TRUTH. As a conservative and traditional Catholic who believes in our call to be "Men among men" I look forward to reading more. Consider me your "sixth" blog fan/follower! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I'm enjoying this gig, and like to hope I can influence a few men for the better.

      Delete