Friday, November 18, 2016

NeverStumped

Did anything interesting happen while I've been away? I'm alive and well to those who have written to me. Real life got in the way of regular blogging for the past year, but I've been keeping up with current events and developments in the alt-right blogosphere, and dropping the occasional comment here and there. I've quit smoking, gotten engaged, taken a new job, and working on publishing my first book.

Other more prominent personalities on the alt right, such as Mike Cernovich and Agnostic, called the election correctly months before the polls closed. My mother invited my fiancee and I to watch the election with them. Neither was fully on board the Trump Train from the start like I was, but they both despised Hillary so they climbed on, following my lead. They were nervous all night, repeatedly asking me how I could be so serenely confident. I said to check Drudge. The New York Times needle slowly moved from something like a 70% of a Hillary victory to a >95% of a Trump victory. Messages poured in on Facebook from friends saying, "You called it fam! You were right all along! I can't believe it!" As much as I'd like to take credit for figuring out the God-Emperor had it in the bag, the aforementioned bloggers were instrumental in my own supreme confidence.

When I started this blog, I thought it was going to a chronicle of our slow decline. The United States of America still faces enormous obstacles, but for the first time in my adult life, I feel like we finally have a fighting chance to roll back the poz. Two years ago, everyone, including me, was so sure that 2016 was going to be Jeb! vs. Hillary. Who would have thought that Donald Trump of all people would ascend to the Cherry Blossom Throne, fueled by meme magic?

This isn't the end, but the end of the beginning. There is a new iron rule of American politics: you can't stump the Trump!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your engagement! I'm glad to see you are still alive.

    Trump's cabinet appointments are great so far. Exciting times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back finally! Hope we will see more from you.

    ReplyDelete